Thursday, July 29, 2010

bonsai!

i came home to my apartment to find a package wedged between the screen door and front door. it said "open immediately, perishable plants inside." uh oh. someone sent me flowers! but who???

i have some friends in mind who send me flowers once in a blue moon, so naturally my mind goes there first.

i open the box and it is a real cute lil' bonsai tree, a bougainvillea bonsai to be technical, and it is sometimes called paper flower bonsai from the bright showy flowers, which fade and become brittle (like paper) with age. i open the card to see who sent it...

"Always see you taking care of your plants, hope you like this one. Anthony, one of the contractors across the street. Next time I see you I will ask if you like the plant."


uh oh.

this is gonna get awkward.

it was very thoughtful and thoughtful of my secret admirer to send me a plant and not flowers. and it is a beautiful bonsai plant.

i am watering my plants at night from now on. this is gonna be soooooo weird when this dude talks to me. i am praying that it rains today. oh man. i don't know what to do. i want to thank him and not be a jerk, but i do not want to invite any extra conversation that might lead to the impending awkward rejection part. maybe i am jumping to conclusions. maybe he is not trying to woo me with plants. maybe he is just being a nice dude who appreciates gardens cause his grandmother use to garden. ughhhhhhhh.

1 comment: